Isle of Man Football Representative Side Manager – Men’s
Isle of Man Football Representative Side Manager – Women’s
The Isle of Man Football Association is looking for two new managers to prepare the men’s and women’s representative sides for the Island Games, due to take place in Guernsey in 2023.
The skills and values the IOMFA is looking for include:
* an extensive knowledge of men’s/women’s football in the Isle of Man
* a management and coaching team prepared to be role models, on and off the pitch
* the ability to inspire players and encourage them to uphold the values and honour associated with representing an island team
* up-to-date safeguarding qualifications (managers and coaches) and a minimum of FA Level 1 in coaching (or Introduction to Coaching Football as it is now known)
* willingness to work with the media, on and off island, to maximise potential coverage
If you are actively involved with a club side in the island, there would be no conflict if you wish to remain in this role alongside being island manager. It would also be advantageous to have an established network of contacts across the game, on and off the island, to arrange friendlies.
The minimum proposed term of this role will stretch until the completion of the Island Games in 2023.
You will be required to work with the IOMFA Board and the Island Representative Committee to help develop and grow the game in the island.
In the case of the men’s representative team manager, the candidate will be asked to address how they will adapt previous selection and training practices to reflect the activities of FC Isle of Man. All applications should be sent, with a covering letter, to Kevan Maitland - firstname.lastname@example.org - by Friday 3rd September 2021.
Potential applicants will be shortlisted and invited to attend an interview and presentation at IOM HQ at The Bowl.