Isle of Man FA is pleased to announce that aspiring referees will have the chance to take their first steps on the refereeing ladder, by enrolling on our next FA Referee's Course, which commences in August AND IS FREE-OF-CHARGE.
Please see below for more information.
The Referee Course, run by the IOM FA, provides the introduction to officiating in 11v11 and 9v9 football. The course will introduce the learner to the Laws of Association Football and their application delivered through theory and practical elements, outlining the skills required to operate as a match official in grassroots football.
Course Aims and Objectives
To provide the learners with an introduction to the principles of officiating, delivering seven modules of training around the laws of the game, application and practical delivery on the training ground and through officiating a minimum of six matches.
Prior to qualification, candidates are required to:
• be at least 14 years of age
• have attended The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop (over 16 years of age) if required
• complete the FA Safeguarding Children Distance Learning Module (under 16 years of age) if required
• complete and possess a current FA Criminal Record Check (CRC) if over 16 years of age
Prior to course, candidates are required to:
• be reasonably physically active
• purchase a whistle and red/yellow cards
• be aware that on successful completion of the course the candidate will be expected to officiate
Dates of Referee course - 1st August 10am-3pm and 2nd August 10am-3pm
Click here for more information
For any enquries, please email email@example.com or call 01624 649393.