Community Champion – Women & Girls
Start Date: October 2021
Anticipated number of hours across the Season: 50 hours
Role profile/job description:
To identify, recruit and support female volunteers at the beginning of their coaching journey.
Responsibilities to include:
• Identifying, supporting, and delivering practical elements to volunteers, playmakers and coaches of Grassroots Women and Girls Programmes.
• Sharing and updating quarterly with stories/case studies of females you have been supporting (sharing good practice and possible nominations for grassroots awards).
• Maintaining a record of volunteers, coaches and clubs you are supporting.
• Providing support to local clubs, communities, leagues, and partner organisations so that they are female friendly.
• To support recruitment of more female volunteers through delivery of ‘Stepping over the side-lines' or other appropriately pitched introductory workshops.
• Able to build and sustain networks and communities of practice that meet the needs of the individuals within them helping learners to build skills and confidence.
• To collaborate with mentors, other community champions and wider members of the grassroots delivery team workforce to share good practise and learnings.
Knowledge and skills:
• Connected to a variety of community groups and organisations that have a range of females involved.
• Ability to build and sustain personalised relationships and work as part of a team.
• Relatable and approachable.
• A role model for women and girls with an understanding of the challenges and barriers they can face.
• Knowledge and experience of volunteering, building relationships and supporting in a local community.
• Experience of working with others in a group setting, ideally within caring, supporting and mentoring.
• A flexible approach to working which will include some evenings and weekends.
• Knowledge and experience of working with females from a range of targeted groups.
• Experience of organising inclusive community or education-based sessions.
• Ability to deliver practical sessions aligned to the holistic development of players.
For further information about how to apply, click here.
Deadline for applications: Friday 24th September 2021