Presented to the IOMFA in 1921 by Noble's General Hospital. 75% if the net final gate was presented to the Hospital (there was no national health at the time and this was considered a major fundraiser).
The competition was run on a knockout basis until 1951, when the format changed to become the Division 2 knockout cup. In 1963, the format reverted back to its original status as a knock-out trophy open to all clubs. The IOMFA now donate a percentage of the final gate receipts to a local charity.